The History of Donington Hall and Park
From prehistoric inhabitants to modern-day companies, Donington Hall and Park has a long history.
A castle was built at Donington in the early 12th-century castle and held by the de Lacy family. It was attacked around the time of Magna Carta. It was demolished in 1595 by Sir George Hastings. This Midland Purple dripping or fish dish with a green glaze, c.1450-1600 was made locally at Ticknall, Derbyshire and dates to the final period of the castle.